Internet LOL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Internet LOL

shits and giggles

You are not connected. Please login or register

theater goes here?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1theater goes here? Empty theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:43 pm

oznz

oznz

i saw tartuffe yesterday, by moliere

was quite funny and interesting.

the group that put on the play at my university really kind of made it their own by introducing multiple modern elements into the mix which i thought added to it though it could conceievably have turned out badly. there was texting and facebooking lol

also at one point the male lover had an ipod and headphones on which he played "iris" by the goo goo dolls to hilarious effect.

and then to add to the creepiness during the second half they had video cameras pointed on the set and a ton of tvs showing the various views from the cameras

2theater goes here? Empty Re: theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:31 pm

irene

irene

I was in a play once

kinda

3theater goes here? Empty Re: theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 pm

oznz

oznz

what play was it and how was it kind of?

i was in three different musicals in elementary school. they were educational but pretty fun. i didnt' have big roles or anything. in the last one i did have a sort of duet with another girl where one of us lived in a sod house and the other lived in a dugout in the side of the hill and we danced around with umbrellas to keep the dirt out of the food we were cooking and argued about which was worse in the form of a song of course

4theater goes here? Empty Re: theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:48 pm

oznz

oznz

theater goes here? Tartuffeposterfinalcopy

What happens when a mysterious houseguest seduces a man into turning against his family and handing over his estate, all in the name of religious devotion? A petty family argument takes a wild turn that could cost them everything overnight. Tartuffe explores the delicate line between authority and fundamentalism, and the dangerous ease in which this line can be crossed.

Our production puts a contemporary American spin on this classic French farce, investigating the fine line between passion and destruction when fundamentalism is imposed upon a community. A home is transformed as the playful tradition of eavesdropping is replaced by a culture of enforced surveillance. Our production looks at a world of extremes in which a sea change can happen overnight.

Tartuffe was quickly banned by Louis XIV after its first performance, and the Archbishop of Paris threatened to excommunicate anyone who watched it (though Louis admitted that "it was found to be extremely diverting").

Special thanks to Elle Moss for the use of her photography. Visit Elle Moss at ellemoss.blogspot.com or ellemoss.etsy.com.

5theater goes here? Empty Re: theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:58 pm

doc

doc
Admin

um i saw avenue Q once

http://www.rateyourmusic.com/~docdaneeka

6theater goes here? Empty Re: theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:26 pm

irene

irene

oznz wrote:what play was it and how was it kind of?

i was in three different musicals in elementary school. they were educational but pretty fun. i didnt' have big roles or anything. in the last one i did have a sort of duet with another girl where one of us lived in a sod house and the other lived in a dugout in the side of the hill and we danced around with umbrellas to keep the dirt out of the food we were cooking and argued about which was worse in the form of a song of course

I had to play a man in Arsenic and Old Lace and since it was a man I don't really count it *sniff*

7theater goes here? Empty Re: theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:35 pm

oznz

oznz

oh i liked that play when some people put it on in high school.

8theater goes here? Empty Re: theater goes here? Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:43 pm

oznz

oznz

my favorite play is "the real inspector hound"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum